The Derech Avraham Initiative
A mobilizing, equipping and sending strategy for a new generation of leaders in the Middle East.
Derech Avraham is Hebrew for “the way of Abraham”. Derech Avraham is a kingdom initiative that is not exclusive to one organization or ministry alone. It is a partnership in a shared vision, supported and staffed by a unified team of leaders serving in various capacities in the Middle East.
The convergence of the missions movement, prayer movement and church planting & discipleship movements is providing multi-faceted opportunities for ministry in the Middle East. Derech Avraham embraces the graces and values of each of these streams in it's mobilizing, equipping and deployment strategies.
Who We Are
A relational network of Middle Eastern nationals and internationals working in various spheres of ministry with a kingdom vision of the Middle East that is best outlined in Isaiah’s vision of a highway in Isaiah 19:23-25:
In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing[a] on the earth. The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.” (NIV)
Where We Are Going
Our goal is to facilitate a reunion of Isaac & Ishmael – the nations of the Middle East – that will build a highway to bless the nations.
How We Are Going To Get There
1. We believe the Lord led us to commit ourselves to a number of resolutions that would be a road map for the expansion of God’s Kingdom in the Middle East.
2. Gathering together both nationals and internationals from around the Middle East who work on the ground in different spheres of ministry to worship, bless and encourage one another at very important historic places.
3. Encourage and resource ongoing strategic initiatives in the region.
4. Mobilize the next generation in the region, helping them to understand their role, and encouraging them to take responsibility.
5. Communicate to the nations that these three (Egypt, Assyria and Israel) are a blessing together on the earth so that the Middle East can be viewed in light of God’s covenants, promises and prophetic plans.
We have chosen Abraham as our model recognizing that we are called to follow his example obeying the voice of God and risking all to bless the nations.
The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” (Genesis 12:1-3 NIV)
Together with the promises spoken in Isaiah 19, we believe these blessings will only be realized when both sons of Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael, and those from around the Isaiah 19 region will join together in faith and walk together in worship, reconciliation, and blessing.